my entire ‘Creative Commons’ ‘discography/oeuvre’ of music (I’ve made personally or been directly involved with) available to be downloaded for free via the Internet, organized semi-chronologically and/or by style or group/band.
I plan to continually update this as new work is completed.
[catalogue number/release date or year]
(vague genre-related descriptor)
Early Troubled By Insects
- Troubled By Insects: Develop Policy, Implement
(acoustic bedroom pop embarrassment)
- Troubled By Insects: Tape #0417
(one take lo-fi acoustic)
- Troubled By Insects: Halos Run
(slightly less embarrassing bedroom pop/noise)
- Troubled By Insects: Feel the Coarseness of Everything I Cannot See
(shit-ton of old embarrassing bedroom pop like finding old Bright Eyes demos that suck [sic])
Weirdo Noise-Punk Era
- Dance Danse Revulsion: Jug Jug to Dirt Years
(occasionally ‘inspired’ weirdo-punk jams recorded at a church, basically ~4 chords/song around phrases scrawled in the corners of my journals)
- Grumpy Old Grandfather: The Employees at My Post Office, They Have a Good Time
(an old roommate and I fucking around in-between trying to write ‘real’ songs, super noisy, bad drumming, like a demo of a Transmission rehearsal but maybe even occasionally better)
- The Blvd: Battle Rages/The Timing
(two songs I played lead guitar on for a short-lived band that I’m oddly proud of even though it’s cutesy & adorable as fuck)
Late(r) Troubled By Insects as Rock Project
- Troubled By Insects: Kaliphornya Girlsssss
(recorded 2008-09, a major part of the greater story-arc of current TBI work, took forever to release because I took so long compiling the awesome chapbook of work from contributing artists to go along with the EP)
- Achievement House: Volume One
(most legitimate foray into ‘indie rock’ and also ‘being a drummer,’ has over 13,000 downloads on the Internet Archive which I am pretty proud of, also the ‘Creature House’ song at the end was the most fun I’ve ever had playing a song live)
- Achievement House: Heart Archers
(released after my leave with the band, but did all the drumming on it, have lots of ‘feels’ about this work)
Troubled By Insects as Experimental/Noise Outfit
- Troubled By Insects: Ariestocracy
(gift for a friend’s birthday party I couldn’t attend, first time I databent a song into an image for album artwork)
- Troubled By Insects: a hundred tubes.
(ambient/noise from YouTube samples, super long-player of a simple concept-as-sound-experiment)
- Troubled By Insects: boys don’t get this pretty w/out drugs (a xmas album)
(realizing my desire to make an xmas album that is depressing and ‘difficult,’ almost every song has a 3+ minute noise outro just b/c)
The Blue van Meer Mystery Sequence (as Troubled By Insects)
- Blue van Meer [part I]
(drone/ambience with contact mic experimentation & simple synth beats)
- Blue van Meer [part II]: live/wire(d)
(live recordings while I was trying to figure out what it ‘means’ to be an ‘experimental/noise musician’)
- Blue van Meer [part III]: Love Lies Limp (Feigning Stately Dignity)
(two long compositions introducing vocals b/c I can’t leave well enough alone)
- Blue van Meer [part IV]: semantic satiation
(bringing all the pieces together so you can listen to them all fall apart)
Semi-documented Odds & Ends
- I was a contributor to the Enemies List open-source black metal project Nahvalr ; where my sounds are on the album, I couldn’t tell you.
- “Tambourine Halos” from Halos Run was featured on Holy Page Compilation 2011 .
- I have a couple tapes of 1986 Bike Rally [2008ish] (a weirdo noise/punk supergroup of Fresno’s finest who—as the Rally—never received the public attention they never wanted) recordings still waiting to be digitized once I can figure out how to edit the parts where I accidentally recorded myself insulting other members of the group.
- My sister and I have recorded 2 albums under the name Siblings Asunder which I have as of yet to release online.
- Before a lot of this, there was The Scene Machine [2007ish], and if you look hard enough, you can find pretty much everything we did on YouTube or (heh) MySpace, but I won’t tell you where.
I know I release everything under CC, but I could care less.
I’m not making any more or less money on these ventures.
I do this because I’m not much good at much else, and so am driven—
Fuck the CC and do with it what you will if you wish. #freeculture